Summer Party Ideas

24 May 2012

via AmyAtlas

1.  Tea Party: I’ve been wanting to have another tea party with my girls for some time now and unfortunately, it looks like I’ve missed my outdoor garden opportunity.  This is the only idea I’ll be sharing which requires some pre-planning on my part (that’s probably why I’ve procrastinated).  I can make it as simple or as fancy as I want.  Even though it might be an indoor party, I know my girls will absolutely LOVE this.  At first, I thought about inviting their girlfriends but on second thought, I think this will be a very special “Mommy and Me” kind of party.  Oh, the memories!

 

Chocolate ice cream cones decorated with sprinkles add a fun touch to your party decorations.

2.  Ice Cream Social:  What a fantastic idea for summer, right?  I absolutely love the simplicity of inviting your friends and neighbors over for a cool treat.  You provide the ice cream, cones, and sprinkles.  Lots of smiles guaranteed!

 

3.  Backyard Camp-Out:  We generally avoid camping during the summer months (too crowded for us) but that doesn’t mean we can’t go camping in our very own backyard!  With our hot summer months, we can even sleep with the “windows” open and gaze at the stars.  Don’t forget the smores!

 

Pinned Image

4.  Family Pizza Night:  Invite some families over and ask them to bring their favorite pizza.  Chill some drinks, make a big salad, and add a dessert, if you please.  So easy and fun for all!

 

via savoringthethyme

5.  Beach Picnic:  Or any kind of picnic, really.  I love this idea of making food and placing them in mason jars.  The jars may be better for little sandy hands and pesky bugs.  Plus, they’re re-usable and just so dang cute, right?  Think pasta salads, cut up fruit, veggies and hummus, or strawberry shortcake!   

All of these ideas are EASY and require very little planning.  No need to feel overwhelmed when it comes to hospitality or memory making.  Sometimes, I think we tend to complicate gathering with friends and therefore, we miss the opportunity for fellowship.  I hope you try at least one of these summer party ideas! 

Got any others?  I’d love to hear them!           

Happy Summer!

2019 © BRAVE SOUL - THEME BY ECLAIR DESIGNS -